Saturday, April 18, 2009

Book sale, baby!


Today was the annual Friends of Eugene Public Library book sale. Basically my dream come true. Ah, books.

Anyway, this is a VERY big deal around these parts. You have to get there early to get a ticket that will tell you what time you can enter. A couple friends and I got there early enough to get 9 AM entry - the very first entry time. And then we got to wait in line until nine o' clock actually came.

I'll admit, I wasn't as excited with my findings this year. Don't get me wrong, I got some great books, I did. But I didn't spend as much time looking this year, and I was pickier. I just remembered going through all the books I'd pulled last year and putting some back...so I didn't want to bother with that this year. Anyway.

This year, I got 43 books for $55.50. Mostly children's, mostly hardbacks, some great picture books about beautiful far off places for me.....(Two of my great loves: books and travel)

LOVE IT. (And so does Dallin....he kept saying "WOW" while I showed him all his new books.)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I was gonna boycott commenting on your blog til you commented on mine (HINT HINT), but those pics of Dallin are just too cute! I think that it is adorable that you showed him his new books! Such a good mommy!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Hey Heather! Dallin is still as cute as ever. Bryce and I enjoy reading your blog updates. We miss our friends in Eugene. Things are going great here in Boise. We feel very blessed. A lot is taking place in the next month. We will be welcoming our new little girl into the world, Bryce will start prepping for The Bar test, Bryce will also be starting a new job where he has been doing his semester-in-practice, and we will be moving back into our house. What's life, is there's no chaos all at once? Are you excited for Utah this next summer? It's approaching fast. Anyways, hope you are doing well. Hope to hear from you soon.

melissa ( : said...

Okay could he get any cuter???