Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sounding off on American Idol

or

Ode to Adam
Wow, interesting night. First of all, that's a pretty young crowd this year. Makes me feel old to find out Lil is two years younger than I am and has three kids. Anyway.


So, sorry, I know many of my readers are huge Danny fans, but I tell ya, he is losing his charm for me. I was bored to tears during his song, AND I didn't think he sang it well. It's funny, because going into this, I really thought he'd be a big favorite of mine. Nope. I thought his performance was worthy of a cruise ship.


I actually really liked Anoop's performance, despite the fact that I'm not into that song at all. I think he did well.


Allison was good, not great. That's a terrific song, but........yeah.


Lil is slipping! She has such potential, but I don't think she's going to be with us much longer. In fact, she is my prediction for who's packing their bags.


Dear Kris, I LOVE the song he picked, but I don't think it was the platform for it. I think he sang it well, but there's only so much you can do with a song like that on a stage like that.


And Scott, ah Scott. Could he have picked a cheesier song? It made me laugh when he said the electric guitar was the punk side of him coming out......yeah, to The Search is Over?!!! (I thought of you though, Ams.) I think he sang it okay, but I was not a fan of the choice.


Matt.......I liked it alot! He hasn't ever been one of my favorites, but I think he improved drastically from last week. Chose the right song....this week, he's looking better than Kris.


And last but definitely not least, Adam. Guys, come on, he's amazing. His talent blows everyone else out of the water. However, that being said........while he definitely has the chops to win this thing, I don't know that he will. Because most people seem to think he's....well, to quote Landon, "creepy." Sigh. Your loss, folks.


I think the bottom three will be Lil, Scott, and.......maybe Allison. I think Lil is going home.


Now, I have to attend to my son. He actually cried this morning when I came into the office and sat down at the computer. He knows that means Mommy will be less than attentive to him. Poor kiddo.


(Well, that's what I thought until I turned to find him ransacking the bag the old scanner is in.....and everything else in the room, for that matter....)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Though Danny's performance wasn't my favorite, I still love his voice, thus am still a huge fan. I don't know any artist out there that I love every song they sing, so it's ok by me to have weeks I don't love. Kris I was a little disappointed with, still love him, too, though. Matt did awesome as in weeks past...I think last week was just off for him. Agreed that Lil probably should and will go home. And Scott should probably follow right behind her. Those two just aren't in the same league as the rest. I do agree that Adam's voice is phenomenal. Again though, most of his stuff it's my cup of tea. And I think he knows he's phenomenal...comes across as a little conceited (sp?) if you ask me. I wish I didn't get that vibe from him because he really is amazing. And his hair looked better last night. Closer to being normal. :)

Katie said...

That came out wrong...I think Lil could be in the same league as the others but after so many disappointing weeks in a row she's bound to be headed home. She needed to get her act together long ago.

Katie said...

Apparently I need to proof read better. I meant Adam's stuff "isn't" my cup of tea, not "it's" my cup of tea. Ha! I need to go now, I think. :)

Ambra said...

I missed the show last night because I was driving home from my parents' house at 7:00. I have not thought about "The Search is Over" in like 8 years! How hysterical (and somewhat pathetic) that that was one of my boy-who-must-not-be-named songs! Uh-oh...I hope people from Jordan aren't reading this and remembering how dorky I was!!

Andrea said...

Can I come be your nanny? I will play with Dallin while you are on the computer.

Mom said...

OH, I love to see that my grandson is as mischievous as his uncle Sean...and so glad I am past that stage...or may I...Dallin (also Mom and Dad)will be back here to run the show in May!!!