Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ho hum. Another week of American Idol.

Okay, so I swear, this year the weekly themes haven't been very exciting. Past years have been much better. And they've had hardly enough "coaches" either. Not crazy about that change.

Now that's said, let's chat about the performances.

I actually missed Lil's completely. The boys left to run an errand, and I got caught up digital scrapbooking (I'm trying SO hard to get 2006 done because Winkflash is having a sale on their photobooks). But from the reference Simon made to it while critiquing Kris, and the recap at the end, I don't think I missed much. And re-ally, Chaka Khan?! Could have predicted that wouldn't go well.

Okay, so I LOVE KRIS! He was terrific, again! I want the finals to be him and Adam. I find myself listening to his songs over and over. Loved it. He does such a great job of taking a song and making in contemporary and fresh....Go Kris!

Now Danny. Guys, I'm sorry, but every week I dislike him more and more! I know many of you think Adam is smug, but Danny is just as bad, folks. I'm not saying he can't sing, but I think he is OVER-RATED (clap, clap, clapclapclap)!!!

Allison. The girl can sing. I liked it, didn't love it. I actually agreed with Randy, it was overly indulgent. Oh well. I like Allison, but I wouldn't cry if she went home sooner rather than later.

I actually enjoyed Matt's version of Stayin' Alive. I was SCARED when I heard the band start the song. I mean, hello, an iconic song. But I liked it, I really did. And I like Matt.

Go Adam, Go Adam! A-mazing as usual. Loved the hair too. And it was funny to watch Paula's face during the performance. He's just so creative, like Kris is, in adapting a song.

Dear Anoop. Thought he was good too. Not in the league of Kris and Adam, but good. And likeable. I wasn't so sure about the scruff though. And I think last week was better. I was with Simon, I kinda cringed when the tempo picked up...but then it wasn't bad as I was anticipating.

As for who is going home, this HAS to be Lil's last shot. I wouldn't mind if Danny went home, but I don't think he will. I think it will be Matt or Anoop. Too bad.

In fact, I was so concerned about where things are going that I did something I've only done once all season. I voted. Jen, I thought of you, because I allotted 20 votes each for Kris and Adam, and 5 votes for everybody but Lil and Danny. So we'll see, eh?

5 comments:

Katie said...

Danny and I actually liked Matt's performance last night too. Risky, but we thought it worked out well. I'd still like to see it come down to Adam, Kris, and Danny in the top three...and it very well may. From there I have no clue how it'll go. But I love all three of them. (Some more than others. :) ) So, we'll see. I kinda hope Lil and Anoop go home tonight.

Ambra said...

I LOVED Kris! I always love him though. Adam really is amazing (and how could you not love a guy with the same name as your little guy?) and I liked seeing him a little more "normal" looking. I liked the lack of crazy eye-liner. He's got gorgeous eyes. I think he's so talented but I doubt I'd ever listen to his albums. It's just not my style. I like how both Kris and Adam shake things up every single week. Ok, Lil...every week is the same thing. BORING! And karaoke! The others can all sing but I have to say that I think it should come down to Kris and Adam, no question.

Jenn said...

Oh, I agree with your pick for top two. I have all along! Thanks for, as always, speaking your mind. I love it. I'm glad things are going well for your little family in OR!

Mom said...

I am sorry, but i CANNOT STAND Matt!!!!!! Evry week I plead with America to send him home!!!!
I originally did not care for Kris, but he is growing on me. I agree with you about Danny, but I also think Adam is TOOOOOO slick...so who do I like best...no one....
Loved Archie's guest appearance, he has certainly developed more stage presence....go David!!!

Jen said...

I thought things played out well. I'm glad they gave me the satisfaction of seeing Lil go first. Anoop, well I felt it was his time. His performances were starting to get redundant, cheese ball over animated or well done ballads pretty much sums him up. (Even though I liked his ballads). I was voting against Lil and Anoop.