Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adventures in cuisine

So a couple nights ago, I decided to try out spaghetti squash. I'd heard good things about it. I opted for just a basic tomato sauce with oregano, garlic salt, basil, italian seasoning and fresh mushrooms to serve over it, topped with shredded mozarella (though there is a recipe I'm dying to try...it looks SO GOOD). I followed the directions on the sticker:
And this is what I got:



After having a good laugh and burning my fingers on piping hot squash rind, I eventually got it scooped out. Forgot to take a picture of the meal all plated up and pretty.....oh WAIT, it wasn't pretty, so I purposely didn't take a picture. But it tasted great! Highly recommend it.

P.S. yes, I still hate to cook...this wild and crazy adventure was definitely a departure from the norm. I cook to feed my family, not because I have any inner yearnings to be a chef.....well, maybe sometimes when I watch Top Chef or Ratatouille (who knew rat could inspire me?!)

Oh, and I put new batteries in Dallin's chick that he got for Easter last year. So this one's for the grandparents:


6 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, that's my grandson saying HI...I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We miss you all and can't wait to have you back home in May.

melissa ( : said...

I'm learning to love cooking, or at least I enjoy figuring things out in the kitchen more these days. I'd love to be a good cook. We love spaghetti squash! Looks like maybe it didn't get pierce well enough! Oops!

Dallin is so cute! Love ya!

Andrea said...

OH MY GOODNESS! He is so cute! I taught him everything he knows... kidding. I wish I was still up there! I can't believe I don't get to see him again til JUNE! Good thing I'm coming home for a day before I go to Mexico cuz otherwise it would be October!

Kristin said...

Glad you tried it...sorry it turned out to be such a mess!

Ambra said...

I laughed out loud at the exploded squash! I've never tried spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce before. Sounds interesting! And Dallin's "Hi" was so cute!

Jen said...

I love how the camera is shaking, because I can just visualize you doing the chicken dance trying to get Dallin to dance for the camera. Classic. Interesting cuisine...