Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sounding off on American Idol

Okay, so I have no problem admitting that Landon and I are huge MJ fans. Maybe he did it and maybe he didn't, yes, his plastic surgery has made him grotesque and a joke, but the man is talented.
So, needless to say, I was REALLY excited about this week's show.
Hmmmmm.
Well, Lil kicked butt again. And everyone else was pretty forgettable. Except Anoop, who I remember mostly because it was so terrible...if Paula called it karaoke, you KNOW it's bad. But RE-ALLY. He took on Beat It. I guess I should be grateful it wasn't Smooth Criminal.
I vaguely remember Kris Allen being endearing (and NO, Kim, HE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE CHRISTIAN BALE), and Allison belting....but not much else. Oh wait, Megan whom I like sang Rockin' Robin, which was kind of painful.
Overall, though I was disappointed (very) by the show, I have to cut them some slack. Who can really take on MJ and not emerge looking second rate?
As far as the kick-offs, well....I don't really care. Though I really liked Megan initially, I'm not attached to anybody yet this year (well, maybe Michael a little). So Jasmine and Jorge are fine by me. Whatever.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

{Warning: This comment is long and is reminiscent of a rant}

I haven't watched every season of American Idol but I've watched it enough to hear the judges criticize ANY contestant that sings a Michael Jackson song, and for good reason too. I was very excited that it was going to be Michael Jackson songs, but I was also a little shocked that the judges decided to do that since no one on the show has ever been able to come out and make it anything but second rate.

You are completely right, everyone was forgettable. I just thought I would throw in my 2-cents. John and I were really hoping for a surprise appearance from Michael Jackson because of his new tour, but alas they brought in Kanye instead (sorry I just threw up a little in my mouth).

Keep up these posts, I like to read your opinions on the shows I'm watching. :)