For those of you who don't know, I do not particularly enjoy country music. Okay, mostly I hate it. The only artists I love indiscriminately are Rascal Flatts....90% of their stuff is great. Then there are a few other songs I don't mind, and even fewer that I actually like. Yet something else I have in common with Simon Cowell. That being said, it's got to be pretty obvious that Country week on American Idol was NOT going to excite me.
I guess it wasn't that bad. I liked Megan's performance. Adam's was W-E-I-R-D....Kara said it left her feeling 'strange and happy.' Landon's reponse: "That's what drugs do to you!" Yeah, that about sums it up. Lil and Alexis were both a bit disappointing. Allison just didn't do it for me....which is becoming the case more and more. Anoop pulled it out very well, Danny was great, Michael was charming...Kris, Scott and Matt were fine. (Let me just say at this point, THEY ARE ALL TALENTED, I am certainly not saying they are lacking in that area.)
Anyway, it was sad seeing Alexis go, but I'm not sure who else I would have wanted to see go.....Oh well.
3 comments:
I thought Kris was awesome! Maybe it's the silly school girl in me but he's so cute and he sang "To Make You Feel My Love" and I just swooned! I also liked Scott and thought that once Lil got to the chorus of "Independence Day" she did well. Megan actually really annoys me. What's with the stupid body twist she always does??
I'll never get sick of your AI posts, Heather! I actually enjoyed this week. Most of the songs didn't even end up seeming all that country to me! Megan's body twist bugs me too, Ambra! I did feel bad for her being sick and all though. I just love the guys this season...I quite enjoyed Kris, Matt, and Danny's performances. I normally like Adam, but he was so strange this week. Still think his voice is insanely amazing though. He hits notes I didn't even know existed. What's crazy is there is only 3 girls left and going on tour with those 7 guys! I don't know if the poor girls have much chance this year.
I played Anoop's song again and had my husband seranade me to it...Alexis-I think Simon nailed it last week when he said she didn't do as well as she thought she did. I was just delighted that it didn't sound TOO country. I tried to vote for my rockers because I know they always suffer on country week.
Post a Comment