Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today is my 27th birthday.

It doesn't feel much like a birthday.

This is the first birthday in my whole life that I haven't spent with my family. (Given, Landon has a couple job interviews over spring break that will take us in that direction, so next Sunday I will be celebrating with my family...guess I shouldn't complain.)

Birthdays were such a big deal in my house growing up. We would wake up to streamers around our bedroom door and in the kitchen, with balloons on our chair at the table. My mom would spend hours making these gorgeous cakes. We always got to go out to dinner at a nice restaurant, just the birthday kid and the parents. And on our actual birthday, Mom would make our favorite meal, we'd have cake and ice cream and assemble in the living room to open presents. My Grandma Joyce (Susannah's namesake) flew down from Twin Falls every year for our birthdays...every single year.



Sigh. The fact that my birthday was coming just kind of got lost in the midst of having a baby, coping with two kids, dealing with mastitis, etc.
But the good news is Landon got me garnet earrings. That is definitely enough to brighten my day (notwithstanding Susie catching Dallin's cold and not being able to sleep all night...there is nothing more pathetic than a two and a half week old being sick).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I hope you are feeling better and have a beautiful day!!

Katie said...

Happy birthday Heather!! Birthday's aren't really the same once you grow up, huh? I'm sorry this one is overshadowed by other things...but I hope it is a good day anyway and I am glad you'll get to come down and be with your family next week.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!

I've been thinking about you and your baby all week.

Hope she is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry honey, I will try to make your birthday just as you remember, just a week later. I love you, you're my baby girl!!!

Jessica said...

Happy Happy birthday Heather dear!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday happy happy birthday, happy birthday happy happy day, hey! Do we have a birthday here, yes we have a birthday here, birthday where? birthday here! Happy birthday happy happy day, hey!! :)

Glad you get to celebrate your bday with your family next week!

Oh P.S. Everybody Knows was playing when I was on your blog and it made me really miss Alex Lambert :( I think he was my favorite!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday (one day late- I'm such a slacker-friend, I'm sorry!) I hope it was a great one! I'm thinking about you. . .