Thursday, February 25, 2010

Better out than in, they say

or
your water breaking on its own is a very strange sensation


My water broke at 12:30 AM, we headed off to the hospital, and
Susannah Joyce Ipson
was born at 3:59 AM.

7 lbs 1.8 ounces, 19 and a half inches long

Lots of dark hair...and her little face is a bit swollen and bruised because she came so fast. And her nose is smushed. But pictures will be forthcoming nonetheless. Susie is a sweetie, and big brother Dallin is much more excited about the toy helicopter "baby sister" brought him than about baby sister herself!

It's great not to be pregnant!!!

23 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yipee!!!! Congrats, Heather! Can't wait to see the pics.

Michelle said...

Congrats! I've been checking your blog waiting for this to happen! I can't wait to hear all about her.

Chelsea B. said...

Yeah for baby Susie! So happy you aren't pregnant anymore! Hope all is well.

Christie said...

YAY!!!! We are so excited! And you already have a name picked out so fast! Good job Heather...I guess the candy worked! So happy yo aren't prego and that baby Susie is here. Let me know if you need anything!

Sharlyn said...

WOW!!! That was a fast labor! Congrats! Cute name! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations!! That happened really fast! I'm so excited to see pictures and do share more of the story when you're up for it. I'm thrilled for you (and a bit jealous) that you aren't pregnant anymore! :)

Carissa said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad she decided to come on her own so you didn't have to wait until tomorrow just to start the induction process. :)

I can't wait to see pictures and hear how your "I'm not pregnant anymore" sushi dinner goes. :)

(Great name choice too, I can't wait to see Susie)

Ambra said...

I guess that's what happens when you're dilated to a 4....you go FAST! Congrats!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Michelle said...

Congrats! I bet she's beautiful. I hope all the recovery goes well.

Nicole Wright said...

I am so anxious for pictures! Was Dallin that efficient in labor as well? No time wasted in delivery for Susie.

Stacey said...

Hey! I was thinking about you and wondering the status of your new little one! Congratulations!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I'm so excited to see pictures! Hope everything went well!

Jessica said...

Hooray!! I am so happy for you! Wow, she came really close to your due date. I'm excited to see pictures.

Madame Palmkey said...

Congratulations, at last at last!!!

Sarah said...

Welcome to the world little Susannah!! Hope you're recovering well. I can't wait to see pictures of your little cutie!!

Kristin said...

Oh...I LOVE her name! I am so glad you went into labor on your own, was it exciting? I can't wait to see her. Maybe someday when she's 3 months old we will finally be done with all this sickness in our house.
Hope you're recovering well and that Dallin is being an angel for you.

CEK said...

Do you know that your baby and Shelli's baby share the same birthday!!? That's sooo fun!! Happy birthday baby Susannah

Laurie said...

Congratulations!!

Christine said...

Congrats! I'm so glad that she didn't make you go over. Yay for not being pregnant anymore! I'm excited to see pictures.

Mary said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh Heather I'm so happy for you! Susannah is a beautiful name! It sounds like everything went well, which is great!! Now I'm going to really get serious about finishing her afghan . . .

Chrissy Jo said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations, Heather! I'm so happy for you because 1. you're no longer pregnant and feeling miserable and 2. because you have a sweet healthy little girl that came out fast! Woohoo! Did you even have time for an epidural or are do you go with the 'natural' school of thought? Either way I'm glad everyone is doing well!!!! Congrats!

marci said...

Sending your present tomorrow1! I am so happy and excited for you!

The Northwest Southern Girl said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! You are so lucky that your water broke!Congratulations!