Monday, February 1, 2010

I am so crabby right now

Believe it or not, my son is in his bed, asleep. Actually taking a nap. And I was trying. Until my neighbor's loud obnoxious music got the better of me. So now I'm in the office in my bathrobe (I can't nap in my clothes, they feel too tight on my belly to be comfortable) where I can't hear it (they play their music in the master bedroom, right below mine) feeling angry at the world. Well, mostly just the inconsiderate people that live in my building. And I could go on and on and on about that and the other joys of living in low income housing. But I'll try to spare you, my innocent readers.

In other news, Dal has transitioned really quite well to his toddler bed. I think the biggest contributing factor to that is that he will not leave his room. He will leave his bed, but he stays in his room. So some days, he may not nap but I at least get a break. Hallejuah.

I have 3 weeks and 2 days to go. I'm so ready to be done...and yet not quite ready for her to be here. I have a few more projects I really really want to get done....but if she were to come, say, tonight... Well, I wouldn't complain. Maybe when we tour the hospital tonight, she'll catch the vibe of other brand-new babies and decide it is time. Yeah right.

We still don't have a name. We hardly even have a list of possibilities. This seems to bother others much more than it bothers either Landon or I.

I could really really use a GIGANTIC Vanilla Coke right now (but Vanilla Coke doesn't come caffeine free, and since I give up caffeine totally during pregnancy, indulgence is not an option in this case). (I could also really use some sushi, but as previously discussed, that isn't an option either.)

So I apologize for giving you nothing worthwhile to read except my thinly veiled grumpiness.

I'm going back to bed. Hopefully the music is done for now....

7 comments:

Stacie said...

Go buy a caffeine free Coke and add some vanilla syrup. You can go get one at Sonic or sometimes 7-Eleven. It will make you feel better!

Katie said...

I'm glad Dallin transitioned well and I can echo you on the grumpiness, too. You're totally allowed to be grumpy. :) I haven't felt too incredibly miserable yet, but for some reason today everything just hurts and I just feel grumpy and sick of being pregnant. At least you only have 3 weeks to go...I'm not looking forward to 7 1/2 more. Hope you got in a nap! :)

Mom said...

I haven't gotten all baby girl's receiving blankets and burp cloths sewn yet, so wait at least a week....I'll have to change my flight if she comes early.
Can I stay in my bathrobe when I'm there???

melissa ( : said...

You are SO CLOSE!!!!

I am so excited to see pictures of the little miss!!

Hope you got your nap -

Anonymous said...

Let it out! We are here to listen...here's to a good 3 weeks! I've been sharing the name Ruby with everyone - old fashioned, yes; but there's just something about it. Not that you need or want suggestions. My personal favorite is Emma...for the day when I have a little girl of my own.

Michelle said...

Your little girl will be here so soon!

I can't wait to see her!

Mary said...

I feel your pain. I have neighbors that have horrific rage music that they only play during the darkest hours of the night.

I am going to call you by the way. And soon!