Thursday, March 11, 2010

Don't worry, I AM watching...

I know you've all been very concerned about my lack of posting on the all-important topic of American Idol. Just been a little preoccupied with other matters, you might say. But I HAVE been watching faithfully. And I would like to share my two cents on the matter. Because I know you're dying to hear (read).

This season, no one has been voted out that I've been heartbroken about. In fact, last week the only two that I despise (so far, anyway) went home (adios Haeley and Jermaine).

My favorites (in no particular order) are Lee Dewyze (love his rocker vibe), Alex Lambert (also known as Mullet Boy), Lilly Scott (not withstanding the awful hair), Crystal Bowersox (if only because she looks like she belongs at the Saturday Market here in Eugene), Siobhan Magnus (totally socially awkward) and Didi Benami (perhaps the underdog). I have a soft spot for Michael Lynche and Andrew Garcia, but I won't cry if they go home. In fact, I think Andrew kinda deserves to go home. Like Kara said, he peaked too early in Hollywood week. But Michael Lynche really is good. Just not my style.

My predictions for tonight:
Aaron Kelly and Andrew Garcia from the boys.
Katie Stevens and Paige Miles from the girls.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think it might be Aaron & Mullet Boy-I don't think Alex did enough to get voter attention (though he has a cool sound). For the same reason I think Katelyn will go instead of Katie.
Andrew & Katie have had more camera time-and thus people are more committed to them...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Anybody playing with Dallin on Saturday? Cuz' we like to play...

Heather said...

You make a very valid point on the camera time issue. I think it's given some people an unfair advantage.......
I am hoping all the devoted teenage girls who have a thing for mullet boy to save him (though I did devote half a dozen votes to him myself...)
Knew I could count on you to take notice of the AI post, Jen!

Mom said...

Wow..you weren't even close with that one...must have been because I wasn't there to watch it with you and give you my "take" on it, ha, ha. XO