It amazes me how a being so small can make such gigantic messes. And since it's been awhile since I've shared one of my trademark disgusting poop stories (ah, the glories of motherhood)....
Susie woke up to eat at 4 AM. I fed her on one side, then gave her to Landon for him to burp her and change her diaper while I used the restroom, as is our routine.
Susie is a breast-fed baby, and thus her poop is roughly the color and consistency of mustard...except even more runny and liquid.
And I don't know if it's just my kid, but she FIRES into her diaper. When I say FIRES, I meant it. Like high-powered pressure washer force.
So. When little miss happens to poop when her diaper is not on her little toosh...well, you can imagine. And when that diaper changing takes place on Mommy and Daddy's bed at 4 AM..........
Yuck.
And of course, once we moved her from one changing pad to another to get her out of her poop, she followed that up with peeing, so then Susie Q was laying in a puddle of her own urine. Charming.
I was lucky enough to have poop splattered on my pillowcase, all over our sheets, which in turn soaked through to my beloved heated mattress pad.
And it was 4 AM. Just reminding you.
So those of you with little gremlins of your own, I think you should share your greatest disaster stories....leaving no gory details out, of course. It's all about honesty, after all.
5 comments:
Nice. Landon told Zac about this the other day. How fun! Oh the joys of motherhood right?!
I'm speechless....because I'm laughing so hard. That's a great story! We have nothing even close to topping that yet.
P.S. Glad to hear I'm not the only one enlisting Daddy's help in the middle of the night. Though at our house he's the one to put her back to sleep--in the night she goes to sleep and stays asleep so much better for him for some reason.
Yep. Parker was a projectile pooper. And he liked to wait til his diaper was off. Once all the way across the kitchen, hit the fridge door. My bed, pajamas, skin, pillowcases, yeah, been there! Once at a family reunion in Canada... shocked those little cousins! "That's poop?"
Evan only pooped every five days, so you can imagine how much there was each time. Yuck. Decided to fill a few diapers at my nephew's baptism. But, they do grow out of it!
Although, we did have a good poop story yesterday... I'd fallen back asleep after a rough night being up with a teething Evan, and Thomas decided to let me sleep, turned on Sesame Street for the boys, and left. Oops. Can't leave the boys unattended! Parker ran into my room "Mommy, Evan pooped on the floor!" He'd taken his diaper and pants off... thankfully it was all one piece and picked up cleanly, then I disinfected the floor. Still. Yuck.
Enjoy the details!
Ya'll have serious issues
Nancy and I are reading this from Kona, Hawaii, laughing ourselves off our chairs....oh, how it brings back memories...so glad to be past that stage...but love hearing about it from my daughter!!
Post a Comment