Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A new epoch of our lives...


We got a new computer. I will call him Squishy and he will be my Squishy. Okay, I'm around kids too much.

Anyway, I love it. I do. I can't BELIEVE how fast it is. We're talking lightning fast here.

But...with change comes some sorrow. In the process of transfering data.....I lost almost all of our pictures. All the originals I have left are 10 months of 2006. 2007, gone. 2008, gone. Romania, gone. Kenya, gone. Heather, devastated. I'm working through the devastation though. At least I don't cry every time I think about it anymore. And all is not lost...exactly. We got the pictures off our website, and we have a bunch uploaded on the Costco photo center. But not everything. The worst loss for me is all the video clips we had of Dallin. Those are gone with no hope of return. Sad.

In other news, Dallin takes baths sitting up now! It's great fun.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hey...that looks familiar! Sittin' up in the tub, rubber ducky clutched close. Dallin and Lexie would be great bath time buddies! Is that ok to say? They're still babies...so it's ok right? He he he.

Stacie said...

It might be possible to get the info back!!! Have you already written new information on the old disk? Email me if you are interested. Glenn found a bunch of "lost" data on one of my Dad's drives.

Mary said...

Oh Heath-Jam, I'm sorry to hear about the lose of the pictures. At least you are such a great scrapbooker and blogger, there are a ton of adorable recoverable pictures out in cyberspace. Also, you never know computers, there are magical ways to get things back. Don't give up hope!

Ambra said...

That sucks!! I'm so sorry! Nat has been bugging me to burn all our pictures on CDs so that very thing doesn't happen. Hmmmm....maybe I should do it!