Tuesday, January 13, 2009

For all you shoppin' moms out there....

Just FYI, I hit the jackpot at Target yesterday, for winter clothes for Dallin next year. Not everyone can or wants to shop a year ahead, but we're still in the window of time where it should work fine, so I've been on the lookout.





For $36.90, I got three pairs of pants, two pairs of sweatpants, two pairs of footed pajamas, four sweatshirts, two polos, two turtlenecks, and five long sleeved tees (also pictured off in the corner is the brown winter coat we got for him at Old Navy - $13.99 for that baby). The turtlenecks and sweatshirts were less than a dollar, and all the other shirts were less than two. The most expensive items were two of the pairs of pants, at $3.24 a piece, and the pajamas, a set of two for $6.98. Not bad, eh?

In other news, I finally removed the changing table element from Dallin's cabinet. It looks weird! But at least he doesn't come within a millimeter of hitting his head all the time when he stands up underneath it. He sure loves playing in his room these days!


(Yes, his eyes are still two different colors. For some reason, it looks freakishly distinct in this picture.)

10 comments:

Katie said...

Way to shop! I'm jealous! I was just at Target and didn't see any such good deals. Maybe I need to go look again. I do get nervous though about buying so far ahead because so far Lexie has not been normal as far as sizes fitting at a certain goes. But for those prices, it's worth a good guess!

Katie said...

p.s. As for the changing table....do you just change him on the ground now? I have been not wanting to remove Lexie's changing pad (though she hits her head too) because I CANNOT get her to lay still long enough to get changed or dressed anywhere else.

Sharlyn said...

Good Job on the deals! Don't you love cheap clothes for the kiddos?

Ambra said...

Dang I'm impressed! I just went to Kid-to-Kid and didn't get as good of deals as you did and those were used clothes! :(

Chelsea B. said...

Heather! Thanks for the Target tip, I just got back and I totally cleaned up! Mac will have clothes to wear next year hurray.

Chrissy Jo said...

Way to find the deals! Last year I hit up Old Navy at just the right time and found winter coats for the babies for 7 bucks each. Sadly, I missed all the deals this year. I went into Target, Old Navy, and Kohls on Saturday and there was slim pickings for not so fabulous deals in the clearance section. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to hit DI next time I'm out in Utah. :-)

Andrea said...

Just curious...since your child grows freakishly fast and doesn't fit into clothes that are for toddlers 6 months older than he is, what are you gonna do when Dallin is 3 feet tall by next year?

Heather said...

That is just ONE outfit, you're talking about, sister dear, and IT is freakishly small....
AND it DOES fit him....it just accentuates his belly....

Anonymous said...

Heather Jamie Burton Ipson
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY GRANDSON'S HAIR?!

Andrea said...

This is a monumental occasion... MOM COMMENTED ON A BLOG!!!