Yeah, yeah, I know, it's been awhile. We've been "sooo busy," blah blah blah. I'll get to that later.
What I really want to talk about today is being a mom.
It's one of those days when you tell your 3 year old not to yell, and then you turn and yell at the dog.
One of those days when you wake from rocking your teething baby to sleep to realize you've only succeeded in rocking yourself to sleep.
Wet ponytail hair. No makeup. Old long sleeve tee that is too short, especially when paired with those too big old jeans that slide down (since every other pair of pants you own is dirty).
A big wet spot on your chest and shoulder from your baby's bottle and subsequent spit-up.
A day when your son goes down for his afternoon nap still in his pajamas (the worn out footed jammies with a huge hole in the toe) and under those jammies, he's going commando since you never put him in underwear after removing his "sleep diaper," as you so euphemistically call it whilst talking to him.
One of those days when the only thing you can get done is being a mom.
(though you're hoping the laundry will somehow get done too....)
Anyone else having one of those days?
7 comments:
Yep, me too. At our house today it's because we're all sick. Sick mom. Sick girls. It's 4:45pm and everyone's still in pajamas. Lexie watched Princess and the Frog...twice. We all napped. It's a miracle we've gotten meals today. Nothing else whatsoever has gotten done. Some days are just like that. I say embrace it and let the laundry wait.
p.s. I love that Dallin has gone commando! :)
I am. I yelled at both of my kids, freaked out when Lizzie had an accident, and then made everyone have naps - at 4 pm. It's going to be a long evening, too.
ME TOO.
Um, try a week like that, not a day. And I only have 1 kid so far...
I totally know what that day is like now! You put it perfectly...
Welcome to motherhood! Just try to remember that it is only for a short time and your children will be grown up and gone and you will remember those days with longing!
I hear you, Sister!
Post a Comment