Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mommy guilt and other things that give me a headache.

Today is one of those days.  I feel overwhelmed.  My kids are tornadoes, wrecking havoc everywhere they go.  They also don't want to take naps.  There are dishes in the sink, laundry that hasn't been put away, and a to do list that seems to be going nowhere.  Oh, and I look like the swamp thing.
Dallin is still in his jammies.  I plopped them down in front of a movie this morning so I could shower, since I was too exhausted to get up and get ready before they woke up.  And since then.....what have I accomplished?  Anything meaningful, like spending time interacting with my kids?  Nope.  Sigh.
I guess I'm just tired.  Need to actually go to bed on time tonight, then up early before the kids are up. Things Life seems better then.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Lexie has pretty much given up naps now but I still put her in her room for "quiet time" during Brynlee's afternoon nap. She looks at books or plays quietly. I think it's good for her to have some down/alone time and it's the only way that I am able to stay sane. :) Good luck. I know how THOSE days feel and they aren't fun. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Ambra said...

Getting up early is the key to a good day, but also the key to an EXHAUSTED day! I can't win.

Mary said...

It's amazing what a little sleep can do. (Or lack of sleep for that matter). I understand completely Heath-Jam, and I only have one child. Hang in there, you are doing better than you think!