Thursday, September 10, 2009

Is she just gaining weight, or is she pregnant?

I've reached that awkward stage much earlier with this pregnancy than with Dallin. So much so that at my last doctor's appointment before I left Utah, my doctor did ANOTHER ultrasound, just to make sure he hadn't missed one four weeks before that. No worries, he didn't, there is only one. For half a second, I was excited at the prospect, but then grateful that wouldn't be the case. This would not be an ideal time for twins. We're having a hard time figuring out where we're going to put ONE baby! Maybe in the closet with the food storage....
Just kidding.

Anyway, my first doctor's appointment up here is next Friday. It took me some time to get insurance figured out...and find a new doctor, since the one I was going to use became the bishop of our ward over the summer. No thanks. So I'll be 17 and a half weeks at this appointment. Which probably means we're going to have to wait four more weeks AFTER that to find out what the little tyke is going to be. I wasn't DYING to know before this...but I think I might be getting there!

Anyway, as requested, for your viewing pleasure, this is me about a week ago, at 15 and a half weeks. (I took this picture to send in my missionary brother's birthday package, so that's why it exists at all.) (Oh, and I call it "pretty pregnant" because lemme tell ya, Adobe Photoshop can work wonders...too bad it doesn't work on your appearance in real life....)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Lookin' good! Can't wait to find out if Dallin is getting a little brother or a little sister! I hear ya on the photoshop. I edited a pic of Lexie the other day and had that same wish that I could edit real life. :)

Michelle said...

Darling! Is Dallin picking up on the fact that a change is coming?

And I love that you changed your doctor. I would have, too.

Ambra said...

Well I feel much better now! If you looked that cute and pregnant at 15 weeks...I can look that cute and pregnant (or maybe just the pregnant part) at going on 17 weeks! I've been attempting to hide the belly but you've given me permission to show it off! I have been HATING the awkward stage!! :)

Rob said...

So cute!!

I love your baby bump.

Jen said...

You look great! FYI-Don't sweat the little ones sharing a room. It is way less of a big deal than you are thinking. PROMISE-you know I'd tell you.