or
All good things must come to an end
or
Time to say goodbye
So I had an epiphany during one of the classes I attended at Ed Week. It was in a class about motherhood. Not a parenting class, but a class about being a mother. As the class started out, I wasn't so excited...it sounded like it was going to be guilt-inducing (kind of like I usually find Julie Beck's talks). But I let my preconceived perceptions go, and the class was terrific. Epiphany-inducing. I went straight to the Bookstore annex and bought her book. Anyway, as a result of this epiphany...I'm closing up my Etsy shop for good.
I know. I just got it started again. It's been up and running for two months.
But you know what? It is a TREMENDOUS amount of work to run and make successful. I have no time for my personal creative pursuits. And there is always something I need to do for the business hanging over my shoulder. Most importantly, my babies need me more than I need this.
And you know what else? I feel GREAT about this. I'm looking forward to closing things up and being done. I don't regret having started it in the first place. It helped pull me through my depression. And now, if I hadn't gotten it up and going again, I would have wondered.
Now, I won't wonder.
Maybe someday when my kids are in school, I can undertake something like this again. Until then, I'm going to dance with my babies.
So, I'm clearancing everything out. All products are marked down to 50% off their original price. AND I'm doing one last give-away to say goodbye. $25 gift certificate. So go over and enter.
I am still going to use that blog to chronicle my creative endeavors (I can't be content unless I'm creating something at all times) and still do occasional give-aways just because I like to. :) So stay tuned!
6 comments:
Looking for a new creative outlet now? You could start the "Feed Fisher Fund." Your main purpose would be to find "creative" ways to give me money. You could creatively solicit family and friends for donations. Or you could come up with other creative ways. I'll let you decide how you want to approach this. But the goal here is to let you be creative while simultaneously giving me large amounts of money so that I won't have to get a job, but instead can continue to enjoy the beach here in Hawai'i.
-Fisher
Just the reminder I needed today. Thanks!!
I have to say that I think you are totally doing the right thing!! I never could understand how you juggled everything and stayed sane! I have a personal testimony that while our children are little and at home, THEY are our number one priority (as are our home and our marriage) and that is an enormous job all by itself! I think you will be richly blessed for this decision and will also get to enjoy creating things just for yourself or as gifts (hint hint!) and it will be fun and a nice break rather than causing more stress. So yay for you! And I'm SO jealous you got to go to part of education week. It's always been a dream of mine to go.
Look at you inspiring me to go buy a book. :) I'm quite intrigued by what this woman has to say now.
I hope that you enjoy every moment with your little ones!!!
Amen. Thank you Heather. I think all of us mother's need that reminder now and again.
Good for you Heather! It's great that you can make such a noble decision and not feel bad about it! I love it!
Post a Comment