

I am perfectly willing, unabashedly willing, in fact, to admit that I am addicted to American Idol. Haven't missed a single episode this season. And tonight is the night. The final performances. So what do I think of it all? I'm so glad you asked.
I think Carly Smithson got sent home before she should have.
I think Jason Castro stayed WAY longer than he deserved...and lovelorn ladies who voted for him, he's not even that cute! And his hair has GOT to have some serious bacteria growing in it...
I really loved Brooke, she was just so cute and candid...and modest....but I don't think she deserved to stay on over Carly. I do, however, think that she deserved to stay over Jason!
Syesha is really good, and I kinda liked her...but I kinda didn't. That baby cry imitation weirded me out a bit...
David Cook, I really like.
David Archuleta...I honestly really like him too. Even though most people wouldn't know that...and I'm pretty hard on him. Somehow, I just can't squelch that contrary/stubborn/adolescent side of myself that wants to dislike him just because my parents and my 16 year old sister-in-law love him. How embarassing to admit I'm so juvenile still! :)
Anyway, really, at this point I really don't care. The title is a formality. Both the Davids will have a chance at a career...and I might buy David Archuleta's album too. But David, just don't use the word "Boo" again. Ever.
5 comments:
Heather--your analysis pretty much made my night. Having missed much of the season (because of classes) I am grateful for the update as I too gear up for the finale. I've been an Archuleta fan all along, but David Cook is quickly gaining in my mind. To me he is an honest to goodness, down to earth, nice guy--and I like that! We'll have to compare notes after tonight. Happy watching!
I am addicted too! And I will admit that I love both David's...though I think David A. is in my top spot. He's had a special place in my heart since his audition!! Can't wait for the result show tomorrow!!
I'm not a Cook fan. He's too hard to look at. A razor and some shampoo would help.
Well since our stupid satellite is out I missed the show last night but I have to say that I am a David Cook fan! I've always loved a good "bad boy"! And, it seems weird to swoon over a 17 year old boy. Gross. Plus, he's just too mushy for me. And Stacie....the messy hair and scruff is what makes him so hot!! :)
I agree completely with you Heather. My top 5 in order of who gets voted off first would have been: Jason, Carly, Brooke, and then the Davids. At this point, I don't even care who wins, I'm just glad both Davids made it to the top 2. They are by far the 2 most talented, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I've always been more for David C. than David A., but after last night I have changed my mind, because Archuletta really did have the better performances (thoughI'm glad Cook did "the World I Know" what a song to end on!)
Post a Comment