Hello!? Do you get Goodreads updates? Everything I've read lately is in there but I can give you some of my favorite recent titles if you want. Poison Study, Fire Study, Magic Study, and Storm Glass all by Maria Snyder. SO GOOD! They're fantasy/romance/adventure. Maisie Dobbs is a fun series but I've only gotten through the first once so far. WW2 era light mysteries. Have you read The Host? Very good. What about Hunger Games. Excellent book!!! Slightly disturbing premise but done in a way that isn't gruesome. Quite captivating though. Couldn't put it down. In the LDS novel genre I've enjoyed Betsy Brannon Green's latest series of three. Hazardous Duty, Above and Beyond, and Code of Honor. Oh, and I saw that there's a new on out by the Shadow of the Wind author. I haven't read it yet but it sounds good. I can't remember what it's called...I just looked at it in Barnes and Noble. That's all I've got for now....you can look at Goodreads for others I've read recently.
I just read Escape by Carolyn Jessop. It's a memoir about her life as a polygamous wife. I usually don't like non-fiction, but this was better than any story anyone could make up. I couldn't put it down. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is one of my favorites if you haven't read that.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows is really good. It is written in a really unique style. It takes place in post-WWII Europe. I highly recommend it.
I just read My Sister's Keeper. I was a bit late to read it, but it's so good. Plus, if you read it now, you can still finish in time to see the movie when you're done. I also just read Veil Of Roses. It's a random book I found, but good! It's about a woman who moves to the US from Iran, hoping to get married so she can be a citizen and be a free woman. A hundred years of solitude is good too...I'm reading it now. Don't you love a new book? It's my very favorite thing!
8 comments:
Work and the Glory, Women of Genesis books, The Memory Keepers Daughter....just a few I've enjoyed lately!
Hello!? Do you get Goodreads updates? Everything I've read lately is in there but I can give you some of my favorite recent titles if you want. Poison Study, Fire Study, Magic Study, and Storm Glass all by Maria Snyder. SO GOOD! They're fantasy/romance/adventure. Maisie Dobbs is a fun series but I've only gotten through the first once so far. WW2 era light mysteries. Have you read The Host? Very good. What about Hunger Games. Excellent book!!! Slightly disturbing premise but done in a way that isn't gruesome. Quite captivating though. Couldn't put it down. In the LDS novel genre I've enjoyed Betsy Brannon Green's latest series of three. Hazardous Duty, Above and Beyond, and Code of Honor. Oh, and I saw that there's a new on out by the Shadow of the Wind author. I haven't read it yet but it sounds good. I can't remember what it's called...I just looked at it in Barnes and Noble. That's all I've got for now....you can look at Goodreads for others I've read recently.
I just read Escape by Carolyn Jessop. It's a memoir about her life as a polygamous wife. I usually don't like non-fiction, but this was better than any story anyone could make up. I couldn't put it down. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is one of my favorites if you haven't read that.
It's easy reading, but have you read the Fablehaven series? I'm on book two and it's pretty good.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows is really good. It is written in a really unique style. It takes place in post-WWII Europe. I highly recommend it.
The Book of Mormon.
The Book Thief is one of my favorites as well. I also like the 12th Tale. I just read the Hunger Games and couldn't put it down.
I just read My Sister's Keeper. I was a bit late to read it, but it's so good. Plus, if you read it now, you can still finish in time to see the movie when you're done. I also just read Veil Of Roses. It's a random book I found, but good! It's about a woman who moves to the US from Iran, hoping to get married so she can be a citizen and be a free woman. A hundred years of solitude is good too...I'm reading it now. Don't you love a new book? It's my very favorite thing!
Post a Comment