As most of you know, I am a digital scrapbooker. I love love love it. It's my method of preserving our stories. Except that I am years behind and once I get around to scrapping the hundreds of pictures I take each year, the stories behind the photos have faded.
One of my favorite digiscrap communities, The Digichick, has started a new website to encourage scrappers to "Tell Your Story Every Day." I love the concept. They are trying to help us along with actually recording the moments of our lives. The memories that will dim if not recorded.
This week was the introductory week, shall we say, and today's post was about journaling.
I stink at journaling. Both in general and on my layouts. There was time I was great about it. But since marriage and children...I hardly write at all. It's a shame. I, who have always prided myself on my impeccable memory, have forgotten so many details. So many little bitty things I wish I had taken the time to capture before they drifted away.
So, inspired by this post, I am going to start journaling. I am going to use this blog as my main journal, and record the more personal things in a notebook I have always kept on my nightstand (the difference is I'm actually going to use it now!). So you can expect many more entries. And dear friends, I probably won't address these posts to you. So if you are curious about something I mention, leave me a comment and I'll fill you in. In fact, always feel free to leave me comments!!! And I'm going to try to be better about commenting on all of your blogs.
So here's to a new beginning of recording my family's life!
Love to you all.
1 comment:
I love this Heather! I have the very same problem. Hopefully we can both be better at it this year.
Post a Comment