
Look at this dress. Fabulous, huh. (Insert silky black camisole...) And let me tell you how terrific I look in this shade of rust orange. It works great with my skin tone. I look like a babe in it. However. It is an $130 gorgeous lightly patterned silk dress. There are two problems with that. One, the obvious. $130. Two, silk........
This angelic face is the reason THAT is a problem.
Not withstanding these issues, Landon still wanted to get it for me for our anniversary. I just couldn't. Instead, he got this lovely dress for me (insert cropped cardigan here):

I've had my eye on this one at Ann Taylor Loft for awhile now, and it just made it to the sale rack. And it was less than half the price of the above fabulous dress. And it still makes me feel like a million bucks.
In other news, Dallin had another haircut. He belongs to an elite and selective group that can say they had five haircuts before their first birthday.
DALLIN=MISCHIEF
10 comments:
Heather!
You will look beautiful in that dress! I hope you are going on a very romantic date.
Dallin is so darling. What a handsome little boy!
I can't get over how dang big he is! He looks like a boy and not a baby! :( Love the cute summer dress by the way!
Heath, you seriously begat one of the most darling toddlers I've ever seen. I hope you can still manage a smidge of humility. :) I don't know if I could!
Camilla told me that women can't "beget" children. Only men can. Women "bear" children. So, if she's right, I take back my comment. You BORE a darling toddler, my friend.:)
Also, this is Shelli. :)
Five haircuts before one year old! That is incredible!! Dallin does some very impressive hair growing! PS--I know exactly what the word mischief means. There's just a BIT of that going on in our house lately, too. :)
Oh Heath-Jam,
Your self-restraint is inspiring, but I think you should have let Landon get the dress for you, especially since you are part of the 2% of the population that actually looks fabulous in burnt orange! The other dress is cute too though. Both are indicative of the "Heather" style.
Beware ye all that enter Banana Republic.
He is oh so cute. And, hurray for a new dress! I would love a new dress-- (jealous).
Ooooh so pretty. I am amazed at your self restraint, I have no control when I enter Banana Republic (Mare's warning is so true) but I think the flowered dress is absolutely gorgeous and you'll look like a knock out mommy. Have I mentioned that Dallin is adorable and I can't wait to meet him some day?
Fun dresses. Cute baby. Sounds like you're happy. My husband is talking about taking me back to his mission stomping grounds. Which means Oregon. I'll let you know when we're coming because we'll definitely spend time in Eugene. Love you!
Post a Comment